;

Tuesday 31 January 2012

I have started to work on the 160 litre tank.















During Christmas it sprung a leak in the joint of the front and "side" glass.

I have stripped all the silicone in that corner, in retrospect I should just have stripped the inner silicone but I hope this will work anyway. I also stripped quite a bit extra were there was no leak.

When that was done I cleaned the area with acetone and let it dry.

With the joints all clean and dry I applied masking tape so that my newly applied silicone will get a nice straight shape.




















The picture above is taken after the silicone was applied, I smeared it out using a glove and then ripped the tape of before the silicone had time to dry.

I really hope this will do it but just to be safe I'm going to fix plastic supports in the joints, I'll post a pic when that's done too.

After that it's just the leak test left.

Melander

No comments:

Post a Comment